Church History

Christ United Methodist Church was founded in 1952 as a merger between Emmanuel Methodist Church and Elm Park Methodist Church. Ground was broken for the new church in April 1953 and the sanctuary was completed and consecrated in June 1954. A new educational unit for the church was added in 1958, and our pipe organ was installed in 1974. On August 29, 1999, we made a major addition to our building to include a new entrance, Great Hall, Family Life Center (gym), kitchen, offices, library, media center, elevator, handicap accessible restrooms, and a renovated parking lot. Since then, use of our building as a community and ministry resource has grown each year and we look forward to continued growth!